WYCO Produce Inc. is a rapidly growing importer/shipper and marketer of fresh produce in the Tampa Bay area.
Sales and Operations Assistant
The selected candidate will assist the sales & operations departments with a wide variety of administrative tasks. Training will be provided by existing team members and managers. Optimal candidates will possess a personable and positive attitude that will easily incorporate into our busy workplace every day. Additionally, well qualified candidates will be organized with excellent communication skills and intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Day-to-day duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to; relationship development, sales skills, product and inventory knowledge, invoicing and accounts receivables/payables, filing, & company computer systems, processes and procedures.
- Assist with incoming sales calls from current customers and prospects.
- Organize sales order documentation, & maintain and update excel spreadsheets.
- Assist with record keeping pertaining to new orders, new customer/vendor profiles, & scheduling of appointments.
- Perform data entry and integrity tasks associated with the supply chain data management software.
- Monitor Web/EDI Orders on multiple platforms, this also includes Invoicing and filing claims on these platforms.
- Build knowledge on product inventory and availability in our warehouses.
- Assist with logistics: i.e., communicate with freight companies, ensure orders are being picked up/delivered, ensure trucks are utilized to maximum capacity, communicate with customer on changes and confirmations.
- Follow up with customers/vendors as necessary upon order completion.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of WYCO Produce Inc.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, customers and vendors.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong willingness to learn
- Bilingual – Proficient in English and Spanish
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Associate degree will be considered
- Previous sales experience/training is a PLUS